Pioneer Electronics has attempted to capture the emotion and excitement of today’s nightclubs in the design of their new line of Superior Club Sound headphones. The SE-MX7 and SE-MX9 on-ear headphones and SE-CX8 and SE-CX9 in-ear headphones aim to deliver a snappy midrange and extended bass response with great sound quality, maximum comfort, and fashionable design.
The on-ear MX models incorporate a variety of features including large drivers and advanced bass level control, while the in-ear CX models include a new technology called “Bass Exciter” that enhances the music listening experience.
SE-MX9 On-Ear Headphone
Based heavily on Pioneer’s highly renowned HDJ-2000 DJ headphones, the flagship on-ear SE-MX9 model is equipped with the same 50mm drivers for increased bass response. Its larger drivers put emphasis on producing the lower octaves (20Hz-160Hz) in music for increased low frequency impact, enabling Pioneer to tune the headphones with a club-like response.
Modern, yet elegant cosmetic design, offered in three attractive colors: Bright Silver, Indigo Black, and Bright Copper. The model utilizes a full length urethane head pad and ear pads, both wrapped in synthetic “protein leather” providing exceptional comfort and fit. The model includes a 1.2m tangle-free and a detachable D-shaped cord with a built-in microphone and a remote control for tracking up/down and answering incoming calls.
With the SE-MX9, Pioneer includes a carrying pouch, a second 2m cable for home use, in-flight adapter, and a 6.3 mm full size jack adapter.
SE-MX7 On-Ear Headphone
The SE-MX7 headphones take a different approach to producing increased bass response and snappy midrange with the use of dual 40mm drivers in each ear piece. The drivers work in sync to improve bass response at lower frequencies and provide the hard hitting bass found in club audio environments. For additional bass enhancements, the SE-MX7 includes an Advanced Bass Level Control built directly onto the ear cups. With a touch and rotation of the outer housing, users can quickly dial in their preferred level of bass output which can be increased to as much as eight decibels (8dB).
For aesthetics, the SE-MX7 features a molded headband design that flares toward the ear cups. Available in matte colors of white, black, blue, and orange, the headbands utilize a durable, high quality rubber-like finish on the outside with a soft urethane head pad, and the ear pads are wrapped in polyurethane-leather on the inside for comfortable long wear.
The line-up also includes a 2m cable with a built-in microphone, a remote control for tracking up/down and answering incoming calls, and a carrying pouch.
The Pioneer SE-MX9 and SE-MX7 are available in May with suggested retail prices of $299.99 U.S. and $199.99 U.S. respectively.
CX In-Ear headphones, including the SE-CX9 and SE-CX8 use larger casings to accomodate Pioneer’s Bass Exciter technology, located on back of the earpiece. The Bass Exciter technology provides a physical enhancement to music listening by generating low frequency vibrations. Like small pistons, the Bass Exciter moves back and forth at the same low frequency rate of the music, producing vibrations which give the sensation of deeper bass reproduction.
SE-CX9 In-Ear Headphone
- Two Way System – incorporates a “hybrid” 2-way driver system, along with the “Bass Exciter” technology, encased in an aluminum body. The two way speakers provide efficient mid- and high-frequency audio reproduction with the Bass Exciter ensuring bass involvement.
- Balanced Armature Driver – balanced armature drivers for increased electrical efficiency, resulting in less distortion and better sound quality - sharper and clearer sound over a wide bandwidth.
- Detachable Cord – 1.2m OFC litz detachable cord with an in-line microphone and a remote control for tracking up/down and answering incoming calls.
- Earphone Tips and Accessories – three silicone tips (S/M/L) for best fit, and noise isolation. Plus, a protective carrying case and in-flight adapter.
SE-CX8 In-Ear Headphone
- Dynamic Driver – use large 9.4 mm drivers for efficiently producing a wide frequency spectrum of sound. The diaphragm of the speaker is made of lightweight CCAW (copper-clad aluminum wire) for rich bass and clearer mid- and high-frequency response.
- Detachable Cable – 1.2m OFC litz detachable cord with an in-line microphone and a remote control for tracking up/down and answering incoming calls.
- Earphone Tips – includes three sets of silicone tips (S/M/L) .
The Pioneer SE-CX9 and SE-CX8 will be available in May with suggested retail prices of $299.99 U.S. and $199.99 U.S. respectively. For more information on: http://pioneer-headphones.com/english/scs/