+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 2012 Audio Video Gadget Holiday Gift Ideas!

Default 2012 Audio Video Gadget Holiday Gift Ideas!

Hey everyone,

We did something similar last year but it should be a little more fun this year since we've got numerous new members! Please share you gift suggestions with us here - whether it's an item that you'd like to buy for someone or would like to receive these holidays, it's all good

UPDATE: Our 2012 Audio Video Holiday Gift Guide from the Dec/Jan 2012/2013 issue is now online. Check it out for some inspiration and make sure to add something to the list below! http://canadahifi.com/2012-holiday-gift-guide/

Let me begin with something nice and affordable. I didn't go to see it at the movie theatre but I've been dying to watch it on my home theatre system!

Suave Kajko | Westside Publishing Ltd. | 416-767-2495
    Publisher | CANADA HiFi Magazine | www.canadahifi.com
    President | TAVES | www.taveshow.com
    Gate Keeper | Guydster | www.guydster.com

I have too many gadgets but with hard drive prices dropping again I'm hoping for 2 more 2 TB drives

I'm hoping for a Logitech Harmony 900 (RF) universal remote. Unlikely to get it given it never goes on any decent sale here in Canada, and also because I just bought an Ipad on Black Friday and my new Emotiva XPA-3 amplifier arrived yesterday. Merry Xmas to me.

Great suggestions guys! A good universal remote is a must have to simplify the operation of a home theatre system. Personally I can't wait until good universal remote apps start coming out for iOS so that I can control my system from my iPhone and iPad. Unless they're already out there and I just haven't seen them. If you guys know of any, please let me know.

Here's another one from me. How many people do you know that would love to own a projector? BenQ's W1070 is one of the most affordable 1080p, 3D projectors (just under $1,000) available today and is sure to satisfy the need for a big picture - especially to first time projector owners. This DLP-based projector outputs 2000 lumens of light and is capable of displaying an image larger than 200 inches. For more info, please check out http://canadahifi.com/benq-w1070-%E2...or-under-1000/

Some Auralex MoPads for underneath your PC active monitors. A package of 4 MoPads and 4 wedgies are less than $40. Great little investment if you listen to music over your PC.

IMG_1403.jpg
    John - I love the smell of vinyl in the morning!

Nice suggestion John! Where's everyone else hiding guys? Please keep this thread going and make your suggestions!

Here's one more from me:

The foxLv2 aptX Hi-Fi Portable Bluetooth Speaker, which was named as one of "Top Ten Gadgets of the Year” by TIME magazine. It's a tiny yet impressive sounding portable speaker design for use with smartphones and tablets. It is capable of streaming CD-quality sound from compatible portable Bluetooth devices. More info here: http://canadahifi.com/foxlv2-aptx-hi...tooth-speaker/

I'd like the special edition (clear) Spin Clean to clean a wack of records that I've acquired:

SoundGame

Nice one George!

How about one for everyone here and totally FREE! Linn is offering a free Studio Master track download daily until Christmas! All you have to do is create an account on their site.

http://christmas.linn.co.uk/

I've been taking advantage of that Linn Records free music link - at least I started on Day 6.

I wonder if anyone has got the free download for all 7 days so far - if you did - let us know??????

Another great gift in the under $150 range would be a new cartridge - the Ortofon 2M RED has a great reputation for bang-for-the-buck:

SoundGame

Just saw this. I know I took advantage of this last year. Great once-a-year sale from Reference Recordings:

http://canadahifi.com/reference-reco...-holiday-sale/

P.S. My wife picked-up The Dark Night Rises for me on the weekend from Wall-Mart for $21, she got the last one in the store. Sweet!
    SoundGame

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast