TEAC has just announced their new HA-P50 portable headphone amplifier, a company first. The HA-P50 incorporates a 24/96 USB DAC that provides high-resolution in a truly portable solution that works with iPhone, Android and PC / Mac.
- Accepts a digital input via USB from iPhone or Android* devices
- 24-bit/96kHz high-resolution playback from iPhone and other iOS devices (with no Apple Camera Connection Kit needed when using the TEAC HR Audio Player for iOS high-resolution audio playback app)
- An optical digital input jack allows direct connection to portable audio players or CD/DVD/Blu-ray players
- HIGH/LOW output gain sector
- 21.7mm thick flat-profile design; sturdy aluminum body
- USB-rechargeable Li-ion battery (continuous battery life approx. 8 hours) with auto power save function
* AOA (Android Open Accessory Protocol) 2.0 compatible Android handset
The HA-P50 is constructed with a durable, compact aluminum alloy body and high quality internal circuity to bring out the best with connected headphones.
Using the USB interface, the HA-P50 can extract the digital audio signals from your source device, whether iOS, Android, PC/Mac and process it via its on-board DAC.
The HA-P50 can also be used with the free TEAC HR Audio Player app for high-resolution 24bit/96kHz audio playback for iPhones and other iOS-based devices. Equipped with a BurrBrown PCM5102 digital-to-analog converter, the HA-P50 is capable of making the most of high resolution playback.
A high/low gain selector enables the output gain to be precisely matched to the impedance of the headphone being used, an indispensible feature for consumers who use top quality high-impedance headphones (the high-output 2 x 160mW power amplifier successfully drives 600ohm headphones at full power)
The HA-P50 is equipped with a combined optical digital input and analog AUDIO IN terminal that self-detects incoming signals.
The new TEAC HA-P50 is currently available at a MSRP of: $299.99 U.S. Look for more information at: