Meridian Audio has announced the availability of three new Meridian DSP Digital Active Loudspeakers; their Special Edition DSP8000 SE, the DSP7200 SE and finally, the DSP5200 SE. In 2014, Meridian Audio celebrates the 25th anniversary of their launch of their first digital loudspeaker – the D600, in 1989. Meridian loudspeakers were active, with built-in amplifiers and line-level crossovers, from the beginning but the leap to digital audio technology came on the back of the launch of the Compact Disc.
Honouring this 25th anniversary, Meridian has now made available their new Special Edition series of DSP Digital Active Loudspeakers, featuring a beryllium domed tweeters, new electronics and driver clamp rings. The DSP8000 SE, DSP7200 SE and DSP5200 SE all feature the following new improvements:
- New Meridian-designed semi-horn-loaded tweeter with new beryllium dome for outstanding transient response and wide bandwidth.
- Wide bandwidth analogue electronics, optimised to take maximum advantage of high-resolution recordings.
- New DSP including Meridian’s unique EBA (Enhanced Bass Alignment) technology to provide fast, clean bass and an open transparent sound-stage.
- All drive units clamped with machined rings to provide enhanced mechanical stability.
The MSRP on the new DSP speaker models is as follows:
- DSP5200 SE $20,000.00 U.S.
- DSP5200HC/VC SE $10,000.00 U.S.
- DSP7200 SE $46,000.00 U.S.
- DSP7200HC/VC SE $23,000.00 U.S.
- DSP8000 SE $80,000.00 U.S.
- DSP8000VC SE $40,000.00 U.S.
For existing owners of previous editions, Meridian is offering an upgrade path. Models of DSP5200, DSP7200 and DSP8000, including the Anniversary Edition, can be upgraded with the new Beryllium-dome tweeter and a complete new electronics and DSP package. This upgrade option also includes a full new warranty for the entire loudspeaker system. Further details will be announced over the coming weeks.
Find out more about Meridian’s Special Edition Loudspeakers, go to: www.meridian-audio.com.